Patients of Little Mountain Chiropractic often seek advice from us during Pregnancy about:
- Back pain and Sciatica during pregnancy
- General aches and pains during pregnancy
- Webster Technique
Chiropractic care during pregnancy is gentle and safe for both mum and baby, and can be an important part of prenatal care. Pregnancy is a time of incredible physical and postural change as the mother's body accommodates and nurtures the growing baby.
A large percentage of women experience back discomfort or pain during pregnancy. Pre-existing, unnoticed imbalances in your spine and pelvis may become more obvious as your body changes, leading to discomfort and difficulty while performing your normal everyday activities.
Chiropractic maintains the structural alignment and balance of the pelvis, spine and surrounding structures to support the mother's comfort.
Why it is important to have a check up after the birth too?
- To check pelvic alignment after the increased demands placed on the body during pregnancy & birth.
- Postural changes due to feeding and carrying baby.
- Mid back, shoulder & neck discomfort.
- Alignment and rehabilitation of the spine, pelvis, and associated muscles and ligaments may be needed.
Our clinic is well equipped to accommodate pregnant patients:
- We have pregnancy specific belly pillows to allow mothers to lay face down safely & comfortably
- Our chiropractors are all qualified and experienced with pregnancy
- Our gentle techniques are ideal during pregnancy
- Techniques include Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT), Webster Technique, Activator & Cranial Technique
Little Mountain Chiropractic is located at Caloundra, 4551, on the Sunshine Coast.
Our address is:
2/65 Pierce Avenue, Little Mountain QLD 4551.
Ph: (07) 5491 6900